I am thrilled to report that we have reached the goal to make this album!
THANK YOU for your generous support. This could not happen without you.
I have already begun to rehearse with a few of the musicians who are going to be playing on the album, and I can't tell you how excited we are to hear these songs coming together in sweet harmony!
A couple of things you need to know:
1) The campaign isn't actually finished until it reaches its 30-day mark. This project will conclude its funding stage on July 10th. Your pledge will not come through as funding until then.
2) I will keep posting updates through KickStarter, but the best way to stay updated on my progress is to follow my mailing list on my website (enter your email under "Connect") and "like" my page on Facebook.
3) Lots of people have been asking me, "What happens if you go over your goal?" Answer: It all goes to music. If there is a significant increase over the goal, we will be able to record more songs on the album. A slighter increase over the goal means that you could receive a more beautiful/finished product, such as album liner notes with complete lyrics to my songs.
4) Finally, there are THREE Asheville opportunities to hear me play in the next two weeks.
- This Saturday, July 5, at the Mothlight in West Asheville. Brian Claflin (lead guitar, harmonies) and Nate Spencer (mandolin, harmonies) will join me in opening for Matt Townsend's CD release show. Matt is getting some great reviews on his classic folk style - you won't want to miss him with his full band.
- Next Saturday, July 12, House Concert at Rivendell. Sweet musical collaborations from several songwriters + potluck feasting in a gorgeous setting in Candler, NC. Make sure to RSVP.
- Tuesday, July 15, 7-9pm, Jack of the Wood (downtown Asheville) presents "Singer-Songwriters in the Round."
Thank you for your generous support, your shoulders to lean on, and your belief in this project.Hannah